To view your KITS project in virtual reality, you will first need to download the Yulio Viewer app on your phone or headset. Your device will also need to be a current generation smartphone with one of 5 app app stores: Google Play Store, Apple App Store, Oculus Store, Gear VR Store, Google Daydream.
Most VR headsets will have dual lenses internally that splits the display from a phone screen between the viewers eyes to create 3D visuals. When looking for a VR headset to purchase for client meetings, keep in mind the following requirements:
- Look for a VR headset that does not need a connection to a PC or console. Wire-free headsets are best for travelling and wont interfere with the experience.
- Removable straps gives a light, comfortable fit. Sometimes its better to give your client the option of holding the device up rather than strapping it on.
- Larger lenses widen the field of view, making the VR experience more immersive.
- Make sure the headset is compatible with a variety of devices / smartphone models, especially the device you will be pairing it with.
Recommended VR Headset: Oculus Go
Oculus Go Features:
- Stand-alone VR headset, does not require a PC, phone or wires
- Effortless controller to navigate through the interface
- Built-in audio provides immersive sound without the need for bulky headphones (includes 3.5 mm audio jack)
- Clear optics and enhanced 3D graphics add to the quality of the viewers experience
Learn more about the Oculus Go here.
Other VR Headset Options
There are a variety of options in the market for VR gear to accompany the KITS Mobile XRPro Viewer app. Each at different price points that come with their own unique pros/cons. If you’re planning on using your smartphone to view VR scenes, here are a few different brands:
- Samsung Gear VR
- Google Daydream View
- Google Cardboard
- Homido Mini / clip-on VR glasses