For iPad users, taking an environment photo includes advanced options to edit the photo you’ve taken. Users have the ability to erase the floor to create a “blank canvas” and erase individual objects. Using these features is the perfect way to clean up any clutter that could get in the way of presenting you scene. With Erase Object you can highlight any object in you photo and KITS will replace the area with surrounding pixels. This will “erase” the object so that your environment photo is cleared of any obtrusive items.
Follow these quick steps to erase an object:
- After taking a photo, in the preview screen tap Erase. A drop down menu will display, tap Object.
- Using your finger, draw on the object you want to remove. The red highlight shows you what will be taken out of the environment.
- Use the Select or Deselect buttons, located at the bottom left of your screen to control what you want to erase.
- When you’re ready to erase, tap Done. You can always repeat step 2 if you would like to erase multiple objects from your photo. And that’s it! The table that was in the way is now erased and we can place our built scene.
- Once you’re happy with the objects you’ve removed, tap Use. The environment photo will be inserted as a background within your project.